Wednesday, April 16, 2014

When's My Doctor's Appointment?

The Meems calls me every week to ask me about her upcoming doctor appointments.

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I get my teeth cleaned?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I have my yearly check up?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do we get our mammograms?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I get my teeth cleaned?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I have my yearly check up?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do we get our mammograms?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I get my teeth cleaned?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do I have my yearly check up?"

Brrrrrrring-brrrrrrring.
"Hello!"
"When do we get our mammograms?"

Ad Infinitum.

I'm usually not standing anywhere near my calendar when she calls.  So, I have to put down my blow drier, put on a robe and run across the house to look up the appointment date and time.  Or, mute the TV, get the cat and my ipad out of my lap, and run across the house.

I decided that I would make reminder signs in LARGE PRINT to put on her refrigerator #maculardegeneration.  To make them even easier to recognize, I add a graphic like big old teeth to represent the type of appointment it will be.  I didn't have a graphic for a mammogram.  I was too skeered to google it.

Now, every time she calls me to ask about her appointments, I simply tell her to look on her frig.  It hasn't cut down on the number of times that she calls to inquire.  It just cut down on the number of times I had to stop blow drying my hair or disturb the cat.

This is her reminder for her next appointment.  She LOVES The Doctors.  Wanna place a bet on whether or not she will expect to see Travis Stork on Friday, April 26 at 10:30AM?  She'll be the talk of Raider Ranch.



1 comment:

Anabeth said...

I want you to be in charge of MY health management. This year has been the year of appointments! I need graphics with my reminders, too. You are such a GREAT daughter and friend. love you bunches.

lulu

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...