I was just taking a look at my blog stats. I had some thoughts.
- Blogspot can tell what kind of computer you're using when you come here? Really? Does a computer leave some sort of footprint or something?
- It makes me want to ask my computer out loud, "What am I thinking now?!"
- The majority of my viewers are "PCs" which reminds me of those Apple VS PC commercials but with empty nester moms representing PC and their children representing Macs.
- According to the Apple commercials, Mac people are people like my sons. That explains why I have very view Mac pageviews.
- A whopping 2% of my pageviews come from iPad users - the coolest of the cool people - which means that well...the other 98% are either visiting cooler blogs or playing Angry Birds.
- I don't know what Linux is.
- Less than 1% of the page viewers are Palm people. Which reminds me of the first time I ever saw a Palm Pilot-type device. While I was flipping through my calendar to write down a meeting time, the user (I'll just call him Jeff Baker) was scribbling away on the screen with a stylus. I watched as the PP then add the event to his calendar. With my chin on the ground, I may have said something like "Gah-uh-ALL-lee, how does it DO that!?"
- I immediately ran out and bought a PP for Alan's birthday. He never could figure out how to use it. Not figuring out how to use electronic-devices-that-can-save-you-time has become a pattern of his. That's the way I inherit some pretty cool stuff.
- I have very fond feelings for Windows users. They are very loyal people.
It might interest you to know that...I'm a Mac. My oldest son, Jonathan, told me about 7493 times that a Mac was way easier to use than a PC and was NEVER EVER tormented by pop-ups or viruses. When I finally decided to switch to a Mac, I felt like I was leaping into a deep, dark, bottomless abyss. But, he was right. Once I figured out that the little stamp icon, "Hello from Cupertino, CA," was for email and the compass icon was for the internet, life got a whole lot better. Who's that cool middle aged la-dy?! It's me! It's me!