Monday, October 27, 2014

I {heart} Halloweeeeeeen!

I love Halloween.  I love the colors.  I love the costumes.  I love the candy.

Alan's mom, Mary, and his sister, Stacy, are aficionados of vintage Halloween decor.  Their collections of witches, ghosts, and jack-o-lanterns are spectacular.  The few vintage Halloween treasures I own were given to me by Alan's mom or his siblings (out of the 4 siblings, Alan is the ONLY one who does not love antiques - go figure).

My friend, Shanna's, home magically transforms into an amazing display of Halloween grandeur at 12:01 on the 1st of October each year.  From mice running up the broad staircase to the life-sized "Lurch" at the top of the stairs, her home is a treat for the eyes.

And, then, there's me.  I'm still in the "collect and design" phase of decorating my home for Halloween.  Below are some pictures of a few of my favorite things.  

The very last 2 pictures are a couple of my all time favorite Halloween pictures!  
Then, there's a little treat for you to enjoy!

Meems and Leonard at a Raider Ranch Halloween Party.
This is Meems' Second Place costume.
She's worn it for the past 2 Halloween parties at Raider Ranch.
She won Second Place for Best Costume both times.
She's gunning for a 3rd - Second Place this year.
Keep your fingers crossed!

Happy Halloween, Dear Friends!  Enjoy each of the trick-or-treaters that come to your door!  Years ago, one of those trick-or-treaters was YOU.

I leave you with a poem.  Meems read this to us every October when we were children.  Bill Kerr's rendition sounds much like Meems' did.  I think that she used it as a cautionary tale to tide us over until she could start telling us that Santa was watching us.

PS.  It is almost as good as my performance of the poem in George Stoke's speech class way back in the '70's at Baylor...


 An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you
      Ef you
         Don't
             Watch
                Out.










No comments:

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...