Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day of "Mourning"

Last Friday morning Bryce walked in and asked, "Are you ready to begin your Day of Mourning?"  

Feigning great sadness, I replied somberly, "Oh, yes.  A long Day of Mourning."  I'd orchestrated the day.  First, lunch and a movie with a friend.  Then, a movie and dinner with Alan.  Finally, a friend from Dallas was coming to spend the night with me after bringing her daughter back to Tech.  Lots of fun!  Lots of laughter!

Bryce was referring to the fact that he was the last son heading out the door at the end of a fun holiday season leaving Alan and me "alone" in this big, quiet house.


After 6 weeks of this...
and this...
and this...
and this...
and this...
and this...
and this...
and this sweet present...
which turned out to be this...
[I am NOT a beer drinker.  Mimi, on the other hand, took one back to Raider Ranch.]
and these goofballs...
who just yesterday were these goofballs...

What on earth could I possibly be mourning?  

Well, that was last Friday.  Today, I feel flat as a fritter.  I miss having all 3 of my sons tucked snuggly in their beds.  I miss having cookies for breakfast.  I miss the baking, the wrapping, the decorating, the

EVERYTHING.

I guess I'll scurry up to the attic in search of Valentine decorations.  I'll start googling pictures of Valentine cookie decorating ideas.  MUST.  HAVE.  A.  CREATIVE.  PROJECT.

[A note to my sons:  Please come home soon.  I miss you fiercely.  Yes, tears are flooding my eyes.  Bryce, you knew that there would be tears.]


No comments:

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...