Friday, April 22, 2011

Peace and Love, Leonard

Mom's best friend, Leonard, likes to write old fashioned snail mail letters.  He buys 100 stamps every month.  He writes in beautiful, elaborate cursive.  To date, I think that Alan and I have received about 10 cards and notes from him.  Two weeks ago when I had a cold, he sent me a get well card.  Because he is a devoted patron of the United States Postal Service, I decided that I would send him some mail art.

This is the back of the mail art I sent to Leonard.


I'm not sure he quite knew what to make of the whole mail art thang.  Here is his reply:



I love that Leonard has been saving this McDonald's postcard with stickers for "just the right occasion." I love that Leonard is my best friend AND my pen pal.  But, the messages he leaves on our answering machine are what I love the very most.

"Hello, Carolyn and Alan!  I'm calling to wish Carolyn a blessed and happy birthday!  May God bless you and your family today and throughout the entire year of 2011.  You are a blessing to me and all who know you.  So, have a happy birthday!  This is Leonard S_____, at Raider Ranch in Lubbock, Texas, at 2:00 in the afternoon Central Standard Time."

When the mailman brought the mail at 4:00, I also had a "Have a Blessed Birthday" card from Leonard.  Schweet, schweet Leonard.


No comments:

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...