Monday, October 17, 2011

Through a Tunnel Darkly

I've been really busy this past week, and I'm heading into another busy week.  But, I just had to tell you something funny.  My mom would totally tell you about this if she saw you.  She's really "open" like that.

Conversation on Saturday night:

Mom:  I called Sue today.

Me:  Great!  How was Sue?

Mom:  I called her to see if something I did really happened or if I dreamed it.

Me:  Huh?!

Mom:  I remember crawling through a really long totally dark tunnel as a part of some training for school.

Me:  An inservice training with a tunnel?

Mom:  That's what I was trying to remember.  There were two men who were the leaders who went in front of me.  The tunnel was so small that you couldn't turn around and go back.  It was pitch black, and it was a looooong tunnel.  It was sooo scary!  But, I did it!  I made it all the way through, and I was the first one to do it!

Me:  What did Sue say?

Mom:  She said she thought I actually did that.

Me:  You're SURE you didn't dream that?  It sounds like some of the stuff you dream.

Mom:  I thought it might be a dream, but Sue said it happened.

Me:  Was Sue there?  Did she crawl through the tunnel?

Mom:  I don't think so.

My thoughts:
  1. The male leaders were God and Jesus.  They were helping Mom make a "practice run."
  2. Mom and Sue should be roommates.



No comments:

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...