Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's All in the Packaging, cont.

Opening a gift should be an experience within itself.  I think that every "giving" occasion can be enhanced by a little extra effort!!

I learned from a dear friend, Shanna, how to wrap gifts using hot glue instead of tape.  Some of my recipients don't really appreciate the immaculate wrapping because a jackhammer is sometimes needed to actually get to the gift.


A random Father's Day gift - mail-art-meets-gift-wrap.
Mailing a wrapped gift poses the problem of how to keep the gift looking great during shipping.  

This wrap matched the recipients' fun spirit.  I got the paper flower topper at Michael's in a $1 bin.
I found this take out lid and covered the flower with it.  Rubber bands held it in place.
I then wrapped the whole thing tightly in white tissue and
taped it up securely so that the flower couldn't escape.
Birthday gifts for my twin-friends!  We go way, way back!  
That's a picture of me during our glorious drill team days.
Caption:  "Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end!
We'd sing and dance forever and a day!
I had so much fun wrapping these!!!
Oh, yes!  There's more!  Wait for it...wait for it...
To be continued.

No comments:

Visitation

Meems had a very special visitor this weekend.  Our friend, Laura Ard, flew down from DC to spend time with her.  Laura lived next door t...